On June 16th at 5:47pm Hunter joined the Grantham family. He weighed in at 6 pounds 15 ounces and 20 inches long. It was a great delivery. After the epidural there was no pain. He came in four pushes which made Megan very happy. He had a few issues at birth. He had trouble breathing and had to go to the NICU right after delivery. He was put on CPAP which is continuous positive pressure ventilation. It was used to help keep his lungs inflated so air could enter. He was on that for about 24 hours. Then they removed it and placed a nasal cannula in his nose for more oxygen because he continued to destat without it. The third day they found that he had pneumonia so they started him on a five day course of antibiotics. Once they got his breathing under control they gave him comfort feeds on top of his IV nutrients. They gave him 5cc every three hours. On day four he got to live in an oxygen tent ( a huge plastic tent with oxygen pumped into it at a high flow). It looked as if he was headed to the moon. On day five he got jaundice and was put under the bili lights for a few days to break up the Billiruben in his system. They finally let us try to breast feed him on the eighth day. He is a champ and took right to it. The next day they let us go home FINALLY!!!!!!!!!
Los Altos Hills Hillside Residence San Francisco
3 years ago


6 comments:
He is the most gorgeous baby I have ever seen!!! I am so glad to hear he is doing better and was able to come home. Can't wait to see him! All my love, Auntie Misty
Yay finally pictures. He is so super cute. I think he totally looks like Megan but I can also see a little bit of Warren too. He is super adorable especially for a newborn. I can't wait to see him and snuggle him. He really is a doll. Congrats!!
Woohoo! Congratulations on the birth of your little man! He is a handsome one! Glad to hear all is well now- hopefully your time in the NICU wasn't too bad. :) Congrats again friends, Brett and I are happy for you!
congrats mom and pop. he is a beautiful boy and looks so peaceful while sleeping. I'm glad to hear that the delivery went well and he is healthy.
Congatulations Warren,
You deserve all the wonderful blessings that Heavenly Father has in store for you. Your wife and your first son are but a few of the many many blessings coming your way.
I am so proud of the young man that you are..
Sis. Shipley
I have been keeping an eye on the baby situation..happy for you both!
I'm so happy that everything worked out alright. Maybe he's gotten all of the trouble out of his system now, so he'll be an angelic teenager, or at least potty train quickly. Fred loved the picture of Warren sleeping with his sleeping baby... those are my favorite pictures of Fred- zonked out with snoozing kids on him.
Post a Comment